Tuesday 21 June 2011

Peter Piper Picked a Pepper...But not this Pepper...

Well, after suffering most of last week with seasonal allergies it was all I could do to even come out on the balcony and water...thank goodness I wimped out and got the hose set up prior to my allergies kicking in. At any rate allergies are settleing down now and "shoebags" are blooming.


I actually see a pepper blossom forming, and WAIT what's that ? is that a tomato flower ? lol yup, yup, yup here they come...can't wait to see the results

Last week one of my favorite sites http://themicrogardener.com sent me an idea for "shoe" themes http://themicrogardener.com/sensational-shoe-planters/ and I decided I had to try one as my "shoebags" would feel right at home with the "boot" planters. I had always known you could plant in old boots but never would have thought to cut a pocket in the lower portion of the boot to allow extra planting. Very clever, and it worked just fine...now here's to hoping I never want to go line dancing again...lol cause these boots won't be joining the line

1 comment:

  1. Love what you did with your boot Andrea - the contrasting colours work really well!

    ReplyDelete